American Parks Trail - End Denver, Classic Group, 2023
American Parks Trail – End Denver, Classic Group, 2023
Experience the rugged and wild West during this one-week tour. Start in Jackson, a posh city just outside of Yellowstone National Park, where you will walk beside the rainbow-hued hot springs and watch Old Faithful spew water more than 120 feet into the air. In Cody, see a firearms collection at the Buffalo Bill Centre. Travel to Devils Tower, a butte of igneous rock jutting from the craggy Black Hills mountains. Here, you will also join a Local Expert for a Deadwood tour, where you’ll learn about the Western legends Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane. Then head to Mount Rushmore National Memorial, where the visages of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt are carved into the mountainside. And ascend 563 feet to the top of Crazy Horse Memorial, named for the Lakota warrior, and stand face-to-face with the world’s largest mountain carving.
- Salt Lake City: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine where you’ll have the chance to mingle with fellow guests.
- Clearmont: Here you’ll enjoy an All-American ranch style Highlight Dinner with wine.
- UCross Ranch: Savour a hearty ranch style Highlight Dinner, prepared by your local hosts.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your trip at your Celebration Dinner served at your lodge within Custer State Park.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Crazy Horse: View Crazy Horse Memorial, which is dedicated to protecting and preserving the culture, tradition and living heritage of the North American Indians. An exclusive Insight Experience awaits as you are taken up to stand face-to-face with this impressive sculpture. Measuring 641 feet (195 metres) long and 563 feet (172 metres) high, the piece takes the record as the world’s largest mountain carving.
Top Rated Highlight
- Yellowstone National Park: Catch the renowned colourful bubbling mud pots and observe Old Faithful geyser shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) into the air. The Upper Geyser Basin boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Yellowstone National Park: Enter Yellowstone, the world’s first National Park. Known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife, you’ll experience Wyoming in all its glory.
- Cody Buffalo Bill Center: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- UCross: Spend your morning doing as the locals do, exploring your surroundings by horseback with a gentle ride(8) led by a Local Expert.
- Black Hills : View the awe-inspiring Devils Tower, a butte that protrudes from the landscape and is considered sacred by the Lakota and other tribes.
- Shoshone National Forest : Travel out of Yellowstone NP through Shoshone Canyon and Absaroka Rocky Mountains to the Wild West Town of Cody.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town’s notable residents aboard Kevin Costner’s Original Deadwood Tour.
- Black Hills: View iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial where carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt overlook the landscape.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Arrive Salt Lake City
Jackson and the Tetons
Yellowstone National Park
Geysers and Colourful Mudpots
The Ranch at Ucross
Devils Tower into the Black Hills
Custer and the Wild, Wild West
Mountain Monuments of the Black Hills