Canadian Rockies & Pacific Coast - end Seattle, Classic Group, 2023
Canadian Rockies & Pacific Coast – End Seattle, Classic Group, 2023
This two-week guided tour traverses the most majestic terrain of Canada before dipping into the U.S. Start in Vancouver, where the famous totem poles in the lush Stanley Park are worth of a photo – or 10. Cruise across the serene, mirror-like waters of Maligne Lake, watching as the reflection of the Canadian Rockies wave in the vessel’s wake. Enjoy a private guided tour of Glacier Skywalk, a glass walkway above the Sunwapta Valley, where you will see waterfalls and wildlife. Explore the rugged wonder of Banff National Park on a helicopter or gondola ride. In Washington, visit the award-winning winery Cave B Estate and indulge in an artisanal lunch paired with its finest wines. And look for flying fish at Seattle’s Pike Place Market, where fishmongers at the world-famous farmers market are apt to toss fresh filets from stand to stand.
- Vancouver: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner and an opportunity to mingle over wine.
- Victoria: At night, choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening.
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Dinner: Enjoy dinner at the historic and regal Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.
- Quincy: Enjoy a visit to Cave B Estate, an award-winning boutique winery.Explore the nuances of their fine wine selection with some tastings over a Highlight Lunch.
- Seattle: Head to the waterfront for a Celebration Dinner at Ivar’s, aptly referred to as Seattle’s King of the Waterfront, to toast your newfound friends.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfast (B), 7 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW)
- Chase: Partake in a Smudging Ceremony and witness a traditional spiritual ritual conducted by a member of the local indigenous community.
- Athabasca Glacier: After a champagne reception in the Moraine Lounge, your Local Expert will escort you to this evening’s first activity-a special after-hours glacier tour, when all visitors are gone. Venture out onto the Athabasca Glacier in a massive Ice Explorer. Then, join your guide for a warm beverage as you stroll atop the ice.
- Icefields: Following a hearty breakfast, venture onto the amazing Glacier Skywalk where you will be treated to a before hours, private guided tour of a cliff-edged glass-floored walkway.
- Buffalo Jump: Depart for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, to discover how the indigenous people used this 36-foot-high (11 metres) cliff to hunt stampeding herds of bison. Join a local Blackfoot elder and hear fascinating stories about the Plains people of long ago.
Top Rated Highlight
- Vancouver: Embark on a tour of Vancouver, exploring Gastown and the famous totem poles in Stanley Park followed by a visit to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
- Victoria: Visit the stunning floral displays at Butchart Gardens.
- Mount Robson: En route, a stop will be made at the Mount Robson Visitor Center in Mount Robson Provincial Park. Enjoy the best views of Mount Robson, which at 12,972 ft (3,954 metres) is the most prominent mountain in North America’s Rocky Mountain range and also the highest point in the Canadian Rockies.
- Jasper: Relax on board a narrated cruise on the serene waters of Lake Maligne. Glide past jagged mountain peaks to Spirit Island, a world-famous destination accessible only by boat.
- Glacier National Park: Board a private, historic Red Jammer bus for a journey along the Going-to-the-Sun Road; an engineering marvel running through the park’s wild interior.
- Seattle: Choose a tour of the Chihuly Gardens and Glass exhibit.
- Seattle: Choose a tour of the iconic Space Needle.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Vancouver
Cruise the Gulf Islands to Victoria
Victoria to Chase, British Columbia
The Alpine Wonderland of Jasper National Park
Exploring Jasper and the Colombia Icefield
Icefields, Glaciers and Lakes to Banff National Park
The Unspoiled Wilderness of Banff National Park
Quest for Buffalo on the way to Glacier National Park
Going-to-the-Sun and the Glacier National Park
Lake Coeur d'Alene and Spokane
Wonderful Wines en route to Seattle
The Soaring Sights of Seattle