Country Roads of Bavaria, Switzerland & Austria with Oberammergau (Summer 2020)
Country Roads Of Bavaria, Switzerland & Austria – With Oberammergau, Summer 2020
Surprisingly, the vineyards, gabled shop fronts and opulent palaces play second fiddle to the scenery. Experience the magical, unrivalled beauty of the Alpine world, on-board the enthralling Glacier Express. Explore the quaint village of Oberammergau as it springs into action for the once in a decade Passion Play with included premium tickets to the world famous performance.
- Vienna: For your dining pleasure, you are offered a selection of Vienna’s vibrant restaurants. With drinks, a delicious 3-course dinner and Gemütlichkeit in abundance, your Dine-Around Evening is a culinary experience not to be missed.
- Stanserhorn: A spectacular journey by cable car and cogwheel railway takes you to the summit for expansive mountain views over Lake Lucerne for your special Celebration Dinner. Fill your glasses with wine, toast to newfound friends and admire the spectacular 360 degree views as the restaurant slowly rotates. Savour delicious local flavours like smoked trout or Alpermagronen, a Swiss Alpine Macaroni and embrace this fantastic wining and dining experience as you celebrate a great trip.
- Oberammergau: Dine in a local restaurant amid the buzz of excitement from Passion Play goers and enjoy local hospitality before the second half commences.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B) and 6 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
Top Rated Highlights
- Oktoberfest: Strap on your Lederhosen for a visit to the world’s greatest Volksfest in Munich on select departures.
- Munich: See Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbräuhaus, St. Peter’s Church and the famous Marienplatz.
- Neuschwanstein: Explore the fanciful rooms and legends of the Neuschwanstein Castle alongside a Local Expert and take in the amazing views of valleys and verdant mountains.
- Salzburg: Join your Local Expert to visit the formal gardens of Mirabell Palace and Residenzplatz. See the cathedral in the Old Town and the house where Mozart was born.
- Mondsee: View the church featured in ‘The Sound of Music.’
- Vienna: Enjoy a private tour of Schönbrunn Palace, guided by your Local Expert as you stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a child prodigy.
- Vienna: During your orientation led by your Travel Director, travel along the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Oberammergau: Experience the spectacular Passion Play that has made this town famous. Watch from your premium seat as local villagers perform as they have since 1634 in this once in a decade event. An emotive and critically acclaimed performance depicting Christ’s last days, this is an event not to be missed.
- Kindberg: During your orientation see the colourful maypole.
- St. Veit an der Glan: During your orientation learn about this historic town.
- Innsbruck: See the Old Town with its 14th century houses, Imperial Palace and Golden Roof during your orientation with your Travel Director.
- St. Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Glacier Express: Journey through the heart of the Swiss Alps aboard the world-famous Glacier Express. Once settled into your modern panoramic viewing car, sit back as Mother Nature unveils a scenic symphony of epic grandeur.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Scenic Drives: Your journey ventures through the Bavarian Alps, along the German Alpine Road, through the Semmering Pass, passing the Alps, the Tyrol region, Engadine Valley and the Grison Alps.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Fun-Loving Munich.
Jewels of the Bavarian Alps.
The City of Mozart and on to Vienna.
Vienna and the Habsburgs.
Sleepy Austrian Byways to St. Veit an der Glan.
Pass the Dolomites to Innsbruck and Oberammergau.
Oberammergau - Passion Play
Through the Alps to Switzerland.
All aboard the Glacier Express and on to Lucerne.
Dinner at the ‘Roof of Europe’ in Stanserhorn.
Leave Lucerne for Zurich.