Southwest Native Trails End Albuquerque with Balloon Fiesta
Southwest Native Trails End Albuquerque With Balloon Fiesta
This complete immersion in Native American heritage will delight anyone who is interested in this rare opportunity to delve deeper into the captivating culture, traditions and history of the Ancestral Puebloans who once thrived in America’s Southwest landscapes. This itinerary will include the Albuquerque Balloon Festival, the largest hot air balloon festival in the U.S., and end in Albuquerque.
- Explore Pueblo Bonito “Great House” and the North Rim scenic drive with a Local Specialist
- Scenic Drive along Colorado’s Trail of the Ancients National Scenic Byway
- View Square Tower Unit at Hovenweep, Chaco Canyon’s White House, Bandelier National Monument
- Visit Petroglyph National Monument, Acoma Pueblo, Chaco Canyon National Historical Park, Hubbell Trading Post National Historic Site, Hovenweep National Monument, Canyon of the Ancients National Monument, Canyon de Chelly National Monument, Monument Valley Tribal Park, Mesa Verde National Park, Durango, Taos Pueblo, Santa Fe, Tesuque Pueblo, Bandelier National Monument
- Connect With Locals Tour Taos Pueblo, a IUNESCO World’s Heritage Center and National Historic Landmark, and meet people who call the Pueblo home learning about these iconic, multi-storied adobe buildings, built roughly 1,000 years ago. A piece of the past in the present, you’ll leave with stories one can only hear from locals.
- Dive Into Culture Experience Taos Plaza, a Historical Landmark and artist colony in the heart of the Taos Historic District, home of 65 galleries, shops, restaurants, and 21 landmarks.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Meet Emigdio Ballon the agricultural director at the Tesuque Pueblo Community Farm. Learn about this Indigenous community and their efforts to achieve food sovereighty by preserving heirloom seeds and by growing their own food.
- Stays With Stories Lodge at the Inn and Spa at Loretto, Santa Fe, an authentic Southwestern adobe boutique hotel
- Stays With Stories Stay at The Strater Hotel, adorned with beautiful handcrafted woodwork, housing the largest collection of American Victorian walnut antiques. It’s Durango’s Historic Landmark Hotel, showcasing stories of the old west and mining times.
- Stays With Stories Your Stay with Story is the historic home to many starlets from the ‘Western” genres of the 1930’s – 40s.
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 1 Your Choice Dining
- 10 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
First class travel Highlights
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All transport and transfers shown
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Kick Start Your Trip At Albuquerque's Balloon Fiesta
Arrive in Albuquerque
Uncover The History Of Acoma Pueblo
Explore Chaco Canyon
Delve Into The Legacy Of The Navajo
Marvel At Canyon De Chelly National Monument
Time Hop to Prehistoric Settlements in the Southwest
Dive Into Durango
Discover Taos Pueblo
Uncover the High Road from Taos to Santa Fe
Savor The Culture Of Santa Fe